7 Unforgettable Experiences For a First-Timer In Kenya
Activities In Kenya For First-timersThe endless savannah plains of the Kenyan landscape are filled with a variety of wildlife creatures. Over 50 reserve parks have been set up by the Kenyan government to inhabit the various wildlife species. On your Kenya tour, you are guaranteed exclusive game viewing from the ‘big five’ – Lion, elephant, leopard, rhinoceros, and buffalos to a variety of bird species and other wildlife creatures. One spectacular event you will hardly miss is what is usually described as the world cup of wildlife, ‘The Great Migration’.
As a first-timer to Kenya, you are open to amazing possibilities – the culture, landscape, food, music and wildlife species. Kenya has many safari parks with top-class game viewing of wildlife in their natural habitat. Here are some of the activities and places to go if you’re planning to go on a first-time safari in Kenya.
1. Wildlife Safari
One reason most tourists go to Kenya is to visit one or more of the numerous safari parks located there. The objective is to catch a glimpse of some of the wildlife species such as the Big Five which includes Lion, Rhino, Buffalo, Leopard, and Elephant. Even though safari can be very expensive, it is always a fulfilling experience observing African animals in their natural habitat. The good thing about a wildlife safari in Kenya is that the itinerary makes provisions for solo, couple, and family safari holidays. so, whatever you opt for, you will be considered. Some of Kenya’s best safari parks are Tsavo East Park, Amboseli National Park, Lake Nakuru, Masai Mara National Reserve.
2. Spend some time in the Maasai Mara National ReserveRenowned as the finest game in Kenya, Maasai Mara National Reserve is an interesting wildlife destination. Maasai Mara is characterized by riverine woodlands and rolling green plains. The park is host to a spectacular array of wildlife and this site is also famous for the wildebeest Migration. Here at the Maasai Mara National Reserve, you can also find an abundance of Elephants, Lions, Giraffes, a variety of Gazelle’s species and Zebras. On your Kenya Family Safari, you can enjoy a game drive around this park and see this amazing creature.
3. Explore Amboseli National Park
Located South of Kenya, right at the border of Tanzania, Amboseli National Park is renowned for the huge herd of elephants roaming around the park, also you have a big chance of spotting the big five on your game drive. You can even catch a view of Mount Kilimanjaro if the sky is clear.
4. Enjoy an Outdoor Adventure at Lake NakuruLake Nakuru National Park is a protected sanctuary and home to endangered species of white and black rhinos among other wildlife species like Leopard and Lion. Also, Lake Nakuru is a shallow soda lake with a huge concentration of Flamingos and over 460 species of birdlife.
5. Take a Lake Naivasha Boat Cruise
Embark on a boat cruise on Lake Naivasha on your Kenya family safari. You and your family can cruise on the shimmering surface, looking out for hippos and other rare aquatic creatures on the edge of the lake.
6. Witness The Migration Of WildebeestThis is one of the most spectacular events you should look out for on the Kenya Safari holiday. The annual migration of over two million wildebeest alongside Zebras and Thomson’s gazelles looking for better grazing. This remarkable event is known as one of the few land migrations which remains intact on the planet today.
7. Chill On The East African Coast
On your Kenya family safari, you and your loved ones can chill out on the East African Indian Ocean coast and enjoy a beach holiday. Characterized by pristine white sandy beaches, swaying palm trees, and various beach sports activities for you and your loved ones. To check out the Kenyan coast, you should visit areas around Malindi, Diani, Kilifi or Mombasa.
ConclusionKenya is a renowned world-class tourist destination with lots of amazing sites and sounds. The unique landscape, amazing safari parks, towering mountains, beaches, history, food, and people. everything about Kenya stands out. A perfect destination for a family safari or as a solo backpack traveler. Regardless of your travel preferences, Kenya has something for everyone.
Check out these Kenya tours for you!
9 Days High End Road and Air Safari Kenya
7 Days Magical Kenya Safari