Tanzania: Serengeti Voted Best African Safari Park 2018
Serengeti: 2018 Best Safari ParkAfter over 2,500 reviews, Serengeti National Park garnered an impressive 4.9 out of 5 average rating, the highest score among all parks in the continent. Here are the reasons why Serengeti National Park in Tanzania is deemed the best:
- Its star attraction, the annual Great Migration, is an extraordinary event that exhibits over 2.5 million wildebeests, zebras and gazelles.
- Year-round superb wildlife viewing
- Profuse Big Five population
- Endless savannas that feel like the “Real Africa”
- High density if predators
- It’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The wildebeest calving season that happens in the southern Serengeti plains
- Ample opportunities to see predator interactions
- World-class avifauna displaying 500 bird species
- Easy access from different parts of the world since direct flights are available to Kilimanjaro International Airport, the park’s main international hub
- The park is part of Tanzania’s northern safari circuit which makes it very convenient to combine with a visit to other famous wildlife sanctuaries including Selous Game Reserve which gained the no. 9 spot and Ngorongoro Crater which is the no. 10 for this 2018 Top 50 African Safari Parks.
Top Serengeti Safaris
Eyeing to experience Serengeti? Quench your thirst for adventure with these highly recommended safari tours:
3 Days Classic Serengeti Safari
This tour will take you to Ngorongoro Crater where you can enjoy its blue-green vistas and unparalleled concentration of wildlife; and of course Serengeti, a UNESCO world heritage site and home to various wildlife, including lions, cheetahs and at certain times of the year, the wildebeest migration
8 Days The Great Wildebeest Calving Migration Safari with Cultural Hike
The best thing about this tour is, you don’t only get to witness one of the most unique events of the Great Migration which promises a lot of adrenalin-packed predator action, you also get to immerse in the cultural side of Tanzania.
10 Days Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Safari
Witness huge crocodiles of the Mara River as they wait for the 2.5 million strong herbivorous migrant herds to cross the swollen Mara river – one of the best spectacular sights to marvel in any lifetime!
7 days The Great Migration Safari
If you’re traveling around May to July, this itinerary is perfect for you! It is designed to include both the Seronera area (central Serengeti National Park) and Western corridor (western Serengeti National Park) where the majority of the wildebeest migration can normally be found around those months. Plus, you get to visit Africa’s Garden of Eden, the Ngorongoro Crater, too!