< Back to blog listOnce again, the Serengeti in Tanzania has been named the best African Safari Park for 2018 by one of the topmost leading online emporium for safari tours. SafariBookings conducted the analysis by collecting data from safari tourists who come from 72 different countries as well as a panel of travel experts including renowned guidebook authors associated with Lonely Planet, Frommer’s and Rough Guides.
Tanzania: Serengeti Voted Best African Safari Park 2018
Written by: Gosheni Safaris
Serengeti: 2018 Best Safari Park
After over 2,500 reviews, Serengeti National Park garnered an impressive 4.9 out of 5 average rating, the highest score among all parks in the continent. Here are the reasons why Serengeti National Park in Tanzania is deemed the best:
- Its star attraction, the annual Great Migration, is an extraordinary event that exhibits over 2.5 million wildebeests, zebras and gazelles.
- Year-round superb wildlife viewing
- Profuse Big Five population
- Endless savannas that feel like the “Real Africa”
- High density if predators
- It’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The wildebeest calving season that happens in the southern Serengeti plains
- Ample opportunities to see predator interactions
- World-class avifauna displaying 500 bird species
- Easy access from different parts of the world since direct flights are available to Kilimanjaro International Airport, the park’s main international hub
- The park is part of Tanzania’s northern safari circuit which makes it very convenient to combine with a visit to other famous wildlife sanctuaries including Selous Game Reserve which gained the no. 9 spot and Ngorongoro Crater which is the no. 10 for this 2018 Top 50 African Safari Parks.